Aventuras: A Cross Country Adventure With Two White Vans and a handful of Actors.

This blog promises many adventures. Here's my disclaimer, y'all: *This crazy cool blog is a creation of myself, they call me *tina*, an actress in the Kennedy Center Imagination Celebration on Tour Production of "Alexander Who's Not Going to Move." The opinions expressed in this blog are solely mine (mine, mine, mine!) and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Kennedy Center, its board, or employees. Additionally, this blog is not supported by the Kennedy Center.* Got it???

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

When I think about...(computer chair required)--Abilene Cont'd.

We had two whole days off in Abilene, and y'all know how rare two whole days of is! Friday night, Caitlin, Joe and I headed to a bar called "Cowboys" to check out the free admission for ladies, 75 cent longnecks, and singing contest. Well, the website was wrong, so we shelled out $3 bucks each and started a tab instead. The bar was pretty dead, and we found out this was due to the "monster truck show" in town that night. People watching was hilarious. We got to know the people in the bar by the nicknames we had created for them: vest guy, hand man (a guy who danced the two step with a very spastic leading hand), red shirt guy, etc. Joe and I got up and danced a little two-step (he taught me, and it was a blast).


On our way out, I turned to Caitlin and said "Boy, I'm hungry" and sure enough a couple of guys came up to talk to us while we waited for our cab. They were about to go to IHOP right by our restaurant, and why don't we join them. We met up with them at IHOP about 20 minutes later, and the place was PACKED. Since the bars close at 12 midnight in Abilene on Friday nights (I KNOW...DISGUSTING!) people need a place to go! It was wild. I think we waited in line for about 30 minutes just to pay, at 2:30 in the morning mind you!


This is Carl (Prince William for short)...Abilene tour guide, theater-goer, ranch lover, hat wearer, sentimental, goofy...well, I could go on and on...


Carl loves his ranch dressing. Really, this was to prove a point to me and Caitlin, and it ruined his meal. Sorry, darlin!


IHOP fun :). Does everyone see Billy Bob Thorton!? (Here's your picture, Dave!)


Cover band love at "The Zone". Why were they singing "Hotel California" when I walked in...I miss my band!

These guys rocked.

Today in College Station. What a sign.

These Texans are NOT playing around. Can you picture a Virginia shaped stepping stone, or a New York shaped stepping stone? Naaaaah. Texas is serious.

"The Actors" in College Station, TX.
So, yeah, we're in College Station now. Today we performed two shows at Texas A & M. Apparently, the A and the M stood for Agriculture and Mechanical, but hasn't stood for that since the 60's. Now it's just the letters. But, come on now...that's sort of silly. It's not like people will forget what they stood for. Initials without a word. Like Harry S Truman or something. Okay, I'm going to go to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home