Aventuras: A Cross Country Adventure With Two White Vans and a handful of Actors.

This blog promises many adventures. Here's my disclaimer, y'all: *This crazy cool blog is a creation of myself, they call me *tina*, an actress in the Kennedy Center Imagination Celebration on Tour Production of "Alexander Who's Not Going to Move." The opinions expressed in this blog are solely mine (mine, mine, mine!) and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Kennedy Center, its board, or employees. Additionally, this blog is not supported by the Kennedy Center.* Got it???

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I am alive! Barely...

Hey everybody...I am sitting in my best friend's Brooklyn apartment. Awake at 6am due to the persistant pain that continues to plague my throat. Yes, folks, that's right, I have been diagnosed with Strep...yeeee haw!

I flew to New York on Monday planning to hit a bunch of auditions while I was hear, but that didn't happen after the sore throat I had had during two of the past shows just kept getting worse and worse, and the amount of Motrin I took didn't seem to put a dent in the pain.

But the best part of the story is that I was in Times Square, suffering, and thought to myself "There ain't no way in HELL that I'm going to get in to see a doctor today." Well, would you believe that I did. Walked right in, with NO wait!? Pat told me about a little clinic in the Duane Read drugstore On 51st and Broadway that he gets his flu shots at...aparently, since it was a super nice day outside, no one wanted to take the time to go to the doctor, and I was seen immediately! My doc (a nurse practitioner--go Kelly!) was awesome, very friendly, and gave me the name of a great ENT in New York to see about maybe getting these troublesome tonsils taken out. Hey, as long as I get to eat ice cream, I'm all for it! :)

So, I don't have my camera connection with me, but I promise to update the blog as soon as I get back to my own computer. As for now, I can tell you briefly about my experience in Chicago, which was awesome. What a great city! Too bad it gets so cold in the winter. Gosh, I just don't know if I could handle that!

I got some new headshots in Chicago, taken by a friend of a friend, and they turned out great! When I pick the final shot, and it is cropped and retouched, I'll be sure to put it on here.

My friend, Joe, from DC joined me in Chicago Saturday evening. We had a drink at the John Hancock building, dined on Chicago "Stuffed" Pizza (Soooooooo deliscious), and saw a performance by The Second City comedy troupe. The performance was entitled "Iraqtile Disfunction", and although it had many political references (what sketch comedy doesn't?) it wasn't completely focused on it. I was suprised at how funny it was...I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long long time. It's like a Saturday Night Live type review show, except so much better because they can be over the top eccentric and crazy since they don't have to appeal to a standard television audience. Really really good.



The view in the evening from the 96th floor of the John Hancock building.

This sign hangs in Giordano's Pizza, where we dined on Chicago style pizza...mmmm...




Second City is amazing!

Alright, folks...stay tuned, I promise more updates later. And say a little prayer, or whatever you say that this sore throat goes away PRONTO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home