Aventuras: A Cross Country Adventure With Two White Vans and a handful of Actors.

This blog promises many adventures. Here's my disclaimer, y'all: *This crazy cool blog is a creation of myself, they call me *tina*, an actress in the Kennedy Center Imagination Celebration on Tour Production of "Alexander Who's Not Going to Move." The opinions expressed in this blog are solely mine (mine, mine, mine!) and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Kennedy Center, its board, or employees. Additionally, this blog is not supported by the Kennedy Center.* Got it???

Friday, November 25, 2005

For the love of Barry.

Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We spent yesterday going to see the much anticipated movie version of RENT and eating our Thanksgiving dinner in the hotel restaurant. As for RENT, I was very disappointed. In my opinion, there was no clear vision with the direction. It was all over the place...flashbacks, fantasy dance numbers, music video montages...pick one! The performances were great, of course. The actors are so talented. But the movie making was poor...lengthy blackouts between scenes, forced musical numbers. I'm so glad I saw it, but I think so much more could have been done with this beautiful musical. Rosario Dawson was great in the part, but way too pretty to be a crack addict. Adam Pascal was weak as Roger. His Bon Jovi style haircut was too pretty boy and distracted me the whole time. Yeah. I feel like, did I really just see this movie? It didn't impact me at all like when I saw the musical on stage.
Jesse L. Martin, however...is hot and awesome. Is he married? :)

So, this movie experience leaves me wondering...with all the money and all the resources and all the talent these people had available to them, why wasn't this movie better? Is the musical dated? Have our standards already been raised by the musicals that came after Rent, which it undoubtedly opened doors for? Will the Producers be any good? haha (of course it will, Pat O'Neill is in it!!!!!)

Oh and by the way, I'm sitting in the hallway of the 5th floor (my room is on the 6th floor), because the internet is not free, and Mike bought a wireless router and hooked it up, but the signal doesn't go all the way to the 6th floor. It's funny...we're staying in a Marriot, but there's no complimentary breakfast or internet...the more expensive the hotel, the less free things you get! Go figure!

In honor of Thanksgiving, I would like to do a dedication to Barry, whom we are all thankful for on this tour. Barry, this one's for you (and your father out in NYC).

We are thankful for Barry, who brings fun to our tour!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home