Aventuras: A Cross Country Adventure With Two White Vans and a handful of Actors.

This blog promises many adventures. Here's my disclaimer, y'all: *This crazy cool blog is a creation of myself, they call me *tina*, an actress in the Kennedy Center Imagination Celebration on Tour Production of "Alexander Who's Not Going to Move." The opinions expressed in this blog are solely mine (mine, mine, mine!) and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Kennedy Center, its board, or employees. Additionally, this blog is not supported by the Kennedy Center.* Got it???

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Avon, Colorado

So...keeping up with the blog is difficult when we're in fun and exciting places such as Colorado. But, the upside to that is that I have more fun and interesting things to put IN the blog!

Our drive into New Mexico on Saturday was stunning. Here are some pictures from that drive as the mountains of the desert turned into snowy mountains of a skiers paradise.
watch out for runaway cows!
The famous (okay, or not so famous) Double D Ranch...
I think I see snow!
ahhh...here we are.
So, it's cold in Colorado. Forget the pool-side BBQ's of Arizona and California...we're into long john and down coats weather. I've purchased TWO pairs of long underwear so far at our friendly neighborhood Walmarts! I will not be caught unprepared.
So, to get out of the cold and warm our blood, we found a great local authentic Irish pub called "finnigan's wake" right across the street from our hotel. We went there our first night and ate some lovely irish food, drank some lovely irish beer, and played so much darts that my arm was sore the next day!
The next day, I had a visitor coming into town. Phillip decided to stop by Colorado for a visit! It was perfect timing for a vacation in Denver...due to the fact that it's "pre-season" a lot of the really nice restaurants in Vail (the ski town about 10 minutes down the road) are having great specials like 2 for 1 entrees and such. We had a really nice dinner at an Italian restaurant called Vendetta's (after Phillip drove on the "sidewalk" :), and then met up with everybody back at Finnigan's Wake for a little pool and some more darts, and some more beer (or cptn and cokes if you don't like beer...).
The following are some pics from that night...we won the darts game with a super lucky double bullseye throw by...me!!!
hellooo...I see you...
love the guiness!
Eric, I made this face JUST FOR YOU!
Who's that cute boy? He's not on our tour!

We won!!! The P/C team could not be beat, after my FREAK throw of two consecutive bullseyes. The more beer I drink, the better I get at darts :).

What a COINCEDENCE...another 05-06 Alexander tour was in the men's bathroom of this same sports bar! hehe.

Today we had two shows...the breathing thing is still a challenge in this high alltitude...but it's totally do-able. Life is good...and I heart Colorado.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home