Aventuras: A Cross Country Adventure With Two White Vans and a handful of Actors.

This blog promises many adventures. Here's my disclaimer, y'all: *This crazy cool blog is a creation of myself, they call me *tina*, an actress in the Kennedy Center Imagination Celebration on Tour Production of "Alexander Who's Not Going to Move." The opinions expressed in this blog are solely mine (mine, mine, mine!) and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Kennedy Center, its board, or employees. Additionally, this blog is not supported by the Kennedy Center.* Got it???

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Rock Springs, Wyoming

This morning a bunch of us met in the lobby of our western style Nebraskan Holiday Inn at 7:25am to take a trip "downtown" to the local fitness center that has an contract with the hotel. This "fitness center" consisted of two small rooms with a total of two treadmills, a set of weights, and a few other cardio machines. Hey, it was a definite improvement from the gym fitness rooms we had been using...at least there were weights!

We headed back to the hotel to shower and pack up before hitting the road for Wyoming. I drove the first leg of the trip. I-80 through Wyoming was wide and empty, the farmland of Nebraska turned into coarse tan colored grass and there were more horses and cattle roaming the land. The scenery also started to become more elevated, the roads curved, and there were mountains in the distant horizon. We stopped in Laramie, Wyoming for lunch, and then Ashley took over the driving. We arrived in Rock Springs, Wyoming at around 5:30. Jordan, Caitlin, Santi, Patick, Ashley and I took a walk to the local Western Wear store where I bought myself a pair of long awaited boots!!! I've been waiting to find a pair of "authentic" western boots...not the Steve Madden variety that are so stiff and painful and don't fit over my calves. They were the most comfortable boots I had ever tried on, and I was an easy sell. Jordan bought a belt buckle that says "Rodeo", and Patrick bought a belt as well.

Then we headed to...the local Walmart!!! Man, it's nice to have a constant in our travels (okay there's a little sarcasm there).

Other than that, it's been a slow night in Wyoming. While I type this blog, Jordan, Patrick, and I are playing Rummi on my bed (just for the record, I'm kicking their butts :)..but it has yet to be seen who will reach 500 first.) The pictures above are evidence to what happens when we are bored and have only a guitar, a computer, and a camera to keep us entertained.

Tomorrow...Nevada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home